I just got back from an official trip to Seychelles that included a bit of touring. I thought I was well travelled and had seen it all until I set foot on this beautiful island. Nothing prepared me for the magnificent views and turquoise blue sea water (I always thought those images we see on the internet were photo shopped), what I saw was simply amazing.
view of the island from Mahe Island
I will save my touristy Seychelles stories for a different blog and focus my story today on Eden Island – the masterpiece development that broke ground 6 years ago. Although the house plans are relatively standard, the masterplan is like nothing I have seen before. To begin with, this is a man-made island developed on reclaimed coral reef and converted into this green sanctuary with a mix of homes ranging from one bedroom apartments to 5 bedroom villas with private moorings and private beaches. On the commercial side, the project is backed by a lovely mall with lots of restaurants e.g. The BoardWalk, Maharaja and many others. I must say we had the best icecream ever at this little icecream shop that was facing the commercial yacht bay.
how about that for your breakfast view
About the Homes:
A lovely sales agent from PamGolding – Sandra Colas – received us at the Sales office and drove us round the project in one of these fancy golf carts.
The Two Bedroom Apartment:
- Open plan kitchen leading into the dining and living room so relatively small
- Opens up into a lovely balcony overlooking the marina – I couldn’t help but notice the weber grill machine in the balcony ( a clear sign that South Africans were behind this project as they never miss an opportunity to have a “Braai” no matter how small a house is)
- Furniture was simple but tasteful
- Kitchen was fully kitted with lovely finishing and all the things you can expect in a 5 star property
- The bedrooms were not too big and the designer opted for an open plan style so you can see your sink, bathtub and shower while you are in bed – not my cup of tea but I am sure they are people who appreciate that
- Extras like washing machines and driers
- Top notch finishing – I mean I have not come across any project where all the tiles were laid straight, sockets in place, cabinets fitted snugly in their spaces and doors with perfectly matched frames. The contractor is clearly a first class contractor and kudos to the project team for ensuring every corner was well thought out and the design vision was executed by the contractor.
The Town Homes:
- All the lovely finishing of the apartments
- A private pool overlooking the marina (apparently this is not standard but an extra)
- Private gardens and yards
- A private golf cart
- A private parking for your boat – yes that’s right….your boat
- Ranging from USD450,000 to USD 2.5 million
They are selling. Who is buying? Visit: www.edenisland.sc