As a Kilimani resident, I was keenly watching the development of this particular property as it is a stone’s throw away from my current house. I must say I was impressed with what the owner has done with the place. From an odd looking property with 5 old looking town homes two years ago to a lovely serviced apartment complex with only 20 flats – impressive!! Yes, I emphasize on the 20 because all developers in the area are doing no less than 30 to 40 apartments with a similar plot give or take 0.5acres.
The driveway, albeit narrow, is designed in a warm and welcoming manner. You can tell from the planters and creepers on the wall that it will look very pretty when done. The same can be said about the parking area – notice the cute yellow pots. A nice touch indeed!!
The guard at the gate was quite eager to show me around (I gather they have just opened so I hope this enthusiasm does not die with time) and he quickly introduced me to the complex manager – Francis, who apparently is the Group Operations Director of Trianum Hospitality. Francis was kind enough to show me every nook and cranny and here are my comments:
Fedha Residences Review:
- Tastefully done – very good finishes
- 2 ensuite bedrooms per apartment and a secret SQ only available to you if you opt for the monthly rental plan
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washer and drier
- Cozy living area (though I must point out that the rug you see in the pictures was not actually in the living room when I visited the place – I downloaded that picture from the website). I did however point out to Francis that he must have the show house decked to kill to always give a good impression. I mean why have such nice and warm pictures on the website only to visit the place and find a cold floor and no flowers????
- Hi-speed internet and DSTV
- Pricing: Kes, 10,000 a day or Kes 250,000 a month including daily housekeeping and all the amenities mentioned above.
My assessment, this is a fantastic place to stay if you are in Nairobi for business and want to escape the hotel scene. Fedha is walking distance to Yaya centre and there are tons of lovely restaurants within walking distance such as Osteria, Oro, Cedars, Sierra, Yaya Food Loft, Ginza, The Churascaria among others. Cabs are easily available from the complex and security in this area is generally good – ask me, I have lived here for 7 years and love it.
A word to the owner: I love that you have developed such a fine property. It is evident from the final product that you have a keen eye for quality (I hope your service matches up). Meanwhile, you can count on me to continue spreading the word about the new gem in town!!